- About Us
- Our Work
- Contact us
KEEP IT LOCAL. MAKE AN IMPACT. LIVE UNITED.
As a nation, we are facing uncertain times. It is important that we invest in the future of our children and of South Mississippi. We have all read the unfortunate statistics. Mississippi generally ranks very low nationally in education, financial health, and physical well being. But the United Way of South Mississippi and our thousands of donors, volunteers, and advocates believe that it doesn’t have to be this way.
United Way is committed to improving the quality of life in South Mississippi in a strategic and efficient way. Our vision is to improve outcomes in education, income, and health for everyone in South Mississippi by giving children and families the tools and support they need to thrive. With your help, we can give our students a competitive edge, give working families who struggle a leg up, and improve access to resources that will allow us all to lead healthier lifestyles.
Rallying resources, collaboratives, and leadership to improve the quality of life in South Mississippi.
Improving outcomes in education, income and health for everyone in South Mississippi by giving children and families the tools and support they need to thrive in our community.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Ninety-nine cents of every dollar donated to United Way of South Mississippi stays HERE, in South Mississippi!
• For every $1 that you give, $4 are reinvested back into this community.
• United Way was named 1 of 5 of the most efficient and reliable charities by Forbes Magazine in 2012.
• Since the start of the United Way Familywize Discount Drug Program in 2010, over $632,000 has been saved by uninsured and underinsured families in South Mississippi.
• United Way helped return over $4 million in earned income tax credits to South Mississippi working families last year.
• Stay tuned, there will be many exciting developments rolling out in 2013!